Monday, March 28, 2011

Your Daily Awesomeness

Even though my students were out-of-control-crazy today, I had a couple of truly awesome moments.

We picked out the song that we are going to sing for the end of the year all-school show, and it is going to blow everyone away, it's so freakin' cute.  It is the story of the 3 Little Pigs set to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face".  How adorable are a gaggle of 5 and 6-year-olds singing to Lady G en français??? 

Also, I have realized I may be a really mean teacher, but at least teaching my kids something, because I got this hilarious email from a mom today:

Hi Kate!
I thought you might get a kick out of this:  this morning, [Student] was telling me about a dream she had last night. For some reason, the kids must've gotten in trouble because you were taking all their Pokemon, all their silly bands, all their toys from their backpacks!  It was a bad dream.
But here's the part I like -  she was DREAMING IN FRENCH !   I don't think she even realized it as she was telling me(and translating) everything you were saying in the dream!  Pretty fun.
Hope all your dreams are happy.

How awesome is that?  I love my kiddos and classroom parents.  Today I also had a student say, "You're the BEST teacher I ever had!".  Well kiddo, I'm the ONLY teacher you've ever had!  That's why I like kindergarten - get 'em while they're young so they have nothing else to compare you too, and they love you no matter what! :)  

Here's the jist:

Kate Suarez - little monster, (successful for the moment) French teacher, silly band confiscator...

1 comment:

  1. I think if you can haunt their dreams and get their unconditional admiration at the same time, you must be doing something right.
    I'm proud of you, Katie.

    ReplyDelete