Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Balance of Things

Life is funny.  I believe a bit in the balance of all things.  Today was one of those days where the 'ups' were 'up' and the 'downs' were 'down'.  For some reason, my class decided to try to kill me with volume and energy today, I'm convinced of it.  I had a total Kindergarten Cop moment, where I just yelled "STOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I felt bad, because I really don't want to yell at the kids (for real!), but at that moment, I had lost all patience, and I could feel the blood rising up my arms, to my neck, to my head.  I apologized to my students for losing my cool, and the kids genuinely felt bad for their behavior.  When I asked them how much recess time they deserved, even the most well-behaved student said "hmmm... maybe 4".  Karma, baby.

As much as they drove my blood pressure up today, my kiddos are truly warm-hearted, and I really do love them.  I kid you not, one of them came to give me a hug today and said "this kind of hug usually lasts an hour, I hope you don't mind."  I almost cried!  Balance, balance, balance. 

So I am sitting here with a warm belly after a delicious (solo) home-made soft taco dinner.  My report cards are done, the dishwasher is going, and my baby Oreo is purring.  I'll take the scale of life tipped a little on the "good and easy" side any day.  Life is pretty good. 

Here I am:

Kate Suarez: chef de cuisine, momma cat, cuddle lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment